Chemcolloids are leading suppliers in the UK of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose. Our Hydroxyethyl Cellulose products are named under our cellulosic trade name, CLEARCEL.
CLEARCEL HEC's are water soluble, non-ionic cellulose ethers. CLEARCEL Hydroxyethyl Cellulose produce solutions which are clear and colourless and do not form gels on heating. Solutions of HEC are highly pseudoplastic, that is; measured viscosity decreases with increased shear rate. Their solutions are also highly thixotropic whereby they return to their original viscosity once shear is removed. These three factors alone provide industry with much sought after properties:
- Flow control (pseudoplastic)
- Self levelling (thixotropic)
- Temperature stability
giving rise to CLEARCEL HEC's popularity for industries such as:
- Paint manufacture - Flow control and self levelling
- Pigment printing - Flow control and self levelling
- Cement and Mortars - Flow control and water retaining capabilities providing workability
- Latex compositions - Flow control and thickening properties
CLEARCEL HEC's can also be found in industries such as Textiles, Detergent manufacture, Personal care and Paper coatings.
Our CLEARCEL HEC stock products have a viscosity range from low, 30cps to high, 5000 cps. Intermediate ranges can be blended on site, whether you require a 25kg bag or a 2 tonne lot, we are happy to assist you.
If you are looking for a UK supplier of Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose please contact us to discuss your requirements.